Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Isenberg Service Corps Blogging Guidelines [Marketing]
Before you start blogging, please read the following blog guidelines that the marketing team has established for this blog.
- Blogs must be updated with a Google username, so if you do not have a Google account, please sign up for one for this purpose.
- Blog should be updated at least once per week by each team. We are currently allowing anyone to update the blog, but we may cut back to one person per team if it gets too confusing.
- Do not post anyone's contact info on the blog. A separate Google Doc has been created specifically for contact info. Also, do not post any other sensitive information on the blog. If you're unsure about whether or not something should go on the blog, please ask the moderator before posting.
- Each blog post should have a title that is short, but also gives a good summary of what your post is about. If the blog post is about something that your specific group did, the title should end with your group name in brackets - for example: Meeting With I.T. To Discuss Computer Lab Printers [Materials].
- At least one photo is strongly recommended to accompany each post. The photos can be of people, buildings, classrooms, or anything else relevant to your post. Photos may be taken with cell phones or point and shoot cameras. If you do not have a camera to take photos, you can search through the photos already uploaded to see if anyone else has taken and uploaded a photo that is also relevant to your post. A main photo should appear at the top of the post. If you have additional photos, you may put them in between text in the body of your post.
- The first paragraph of each post should summarize what the post is about.
- If you mention another website in your blog post, link to the site you are referring to by putting the link in the text within the post.
- Make paragraphs!
- Use the default font so that all of the blog posts look uniform.
- Make sure you tag your posts with relevant tags - some examples of tags are as follows: Marketing, Energy Saving, User Behavior, Heating.
- Please make sure you proofread your work before publishing.
Please note these are just preliminary guidelines. If you have any questions, or see anything that you feel should be included in this guidelines list, please leave them in the comments.